Sunday 5 June 2022

Don't Let the Door Hit You in the Ass......

Anyone else getting some serious deja-vu whenever players leave clubs during the close season these days?  I mean, is there a template they use?  Are they legally obliged to follow the same script?  When was the last time a player left a club without their tweet reading a little like this.....


"My time at (insert club name here) has come to an end.  I want to thank (insert club name here) and especially the fans who have been brilliant during my time here.

It's time for a new challenge, I'm ready for the next step, I'm looking forward to the latest chapter, I'm prepared for what comes next and other self-motivational bullshit.

I wish (insert club name here) all the best for the future.  C'mon you (insert club nickname here)!"


If you're leaving just f**king leave.  Go sign for that bigger club.  Go get that bigger paycheck.  But if you want your former supporters to think well of you at least write an original leaving message and not just re-hash a cut-and-paste effort.


You're leaving? Well Boo Hoo!
We'll miss you until you're replaced and then
in 6-months we'll have forgotten you entirely!


2 comments:

  1. Probably a bit off your radar but when a player called Leon Fisher left Wingate & Finchley (step 3) he tweeted exactly what he thought of everyone. It was rather entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. Good for him!

    ReplyDelete