Thursday 2 May 2024

Copy and paste, lads

Presumably we can expect a number of tweets, Facebook messages and or Instagrams over the next few weeks from the bulk of our current squad, announcing their departure from Latimer Park.  To save them from putting too much effort in (did someone mention Sixfields....?) we've produced the following template for them to use.  If they want, they can omit the sections in capital letters....

"My time at Kettering Town has come to an end.  AND NOT A MOMENT TOO SOON.

It's time for the next chapter in my career to begin.  PROBABLY AT A TEAM IN A LOWER DIVISION BECUASE IF 2023/24 HAS TAUGHT ME NOTHING ELSE, IT'S TAUGHT ME THAT I'M NOT UP TO PLAYING AT THIS LEVEL.

I'd like to place on record my thanks to the management, staff, volunteers and the supporters for backing me and the lads 100% this season.  THANKS A BUNDLE TO THE STACK OF MANAGERS WHO PROMISED ME STARTS AND THEN SHOWED ME THE BENCH IF I WAS LUCKY.  AND THANKS TO THE FANS WHO JEERED ME AT EVERY TURN EVEN WHEN I WAS GIVING AS MUCH AS 70% EFFORT.

I hope the club continues to build and I will look out for your results.  FRANKLY I'LL HAVE FORGOTTEN ABOUT YOU AND YOUR BOBBLY PITCH 5 MINUTES AFTER THE DOOR HITS ME IN THE ARSE.

Up the Poppies!  F**K THE POPPIES!



No comments:

Post a Comment