Poppies TV means you don't have to leave the comfort of your own home to verbally abuse people who's only crime is being better than us at football, but, unfortunately as good as those wearing shirts of a different colour. When it works (only kidding Ritchie!)
Two extra pounds per game this season might have proved to be a price rise too far for the average Kettering fan who would think nothing of shelling out £4 for a pint or £20 for a pizza.
The opposition aren't rolling over for us this season and letting us win every week. Not that we appreciated the constant win-fest last season of course!
The other reason given for the fall-off in support is the poor quality of the facilities at Latimer Park. That is the problem with the club being run well these days - we need something else to rile us and get us moaning! But, is Latimer Park all bad? This week, purely in the pursuit of research, we attended games at both our humble home and the National Stadium at Wembley. Each stadia was marked on several specific criteria, and our results are presented here.
(2) Access to the ground - quick, providing you can get past Sev 8/10
(3) Food and drink - Directly to hand 8/10
(4) Bar - expensive but readily available, and can take into the ground 7/10
(5) Cover from the elements - fine, providing the gates stay low! 6/10
(6) Tannoy - good, even when Gary Graham spends far too much time reading everything that he sees on his Tablet, regardless of it's relevance 6/10
(7) The games - this season the games have been highly competitive 7/10
(8) Being surrounded by moaning gits 10/10
(9) Exiting the ground - Pretty easy. Again, with our hemorrhaging support 9/10
(10) Tempted to return? A season ticket pretty much guarantees this! 10/10
(1) Distance from my house - Bloody miles! 2/10
(2) Access to the ground - takes forever to circumnavigate the place! 4/10
(3) Food and drink - Directly to hand, just open your wallet and empty! 4/10
(4) Bar - Bloody expensive & needs to be drunk in the bowels of the stadium 5/10
(5) Cover from the elements - Good, but wouldn't have fancied putting it to the test! 6/10
(6) Tannoy - Excellent in the nearby streets, but amazingly poor in the ground 4/10
(7) The games - Poppies could have given England a better game 5/10
(8) Being surrounded by moaning gits - do they follow me? 10/10
(9) Exiting the ground - Long, slow and bumping into people 5/10
(10) Tempted to return? Nice trip, but with hotels / travel and tickets - unlikely! 4/10
Latimer Park - overall score 77/100
Wembley - overall score 49/100
There you have it. It's Latimer Park for me!