Saturday 15 September 2018

STOP PRESS!!! - Leiston IS a real place!

Not normally one to brag, but I happen to know that Leiston is an actual place, and physically exists.  Not only do I clutch this knowledge protectively to me like a mother Koala bear with her offspring, but I can go one better.....

I HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN TO LEISTON!!!

Having heard of Leiston ahead of them appearing in our division this season would have put me in quite a select group at Latimer Park, but physically having walked their streets must make me an almost unique beast amongst my Poppies peers?

Yes folks, Leiston is real and I have been there, and know it to not be a made-up entity, like Lilliput, Atlantis or Thrapston.  My good lady and I stayed there for a couple of days in the mid-noughties as a kind of Christmas-time romantic getaway.  With the ability to make such grand romantic, moderately-priced, gestures it can be no surprise we are still very much together all these years later.

Some people would gravitate to the painfully obvious "romantic" destinations of Paris, Rome or Barcelona.  But, tell me, what do they have that Leiston in December drizzle doesn't have?  Admittedly I recall nothing of Lesiton other than it was shut, and that the shingle beach coastal walk from Sizewell to Aldeburgh is bloody hard work.  But, still.  I've been to Leiston, and the chances are, you haven't.  So there!


No comments:

Post a Comment