Thursday 16 September 2021

Cox 'ready' for Sainsbury's test

Paul Cox says he is “fully prepared” for his weekend trip to Sainsburys. Cox’s pantry has run low on a number of essentials, but whilst “taking nothing for granted” the Poppies boss is confident of a successful visit. 

“We’ve prepared thoroughly and put in some really good work on the shopping list”, admitted Cox. “Do I expect some things to be out of stock? Yes, but we are learning how to manage those kind of situations and are improving all the time”.

“That’s what you want as a football manager”.

Cox’s last outing to the supermarket saw him successfully hunting for savings in the reduced items aisle, and he insists that his approach won’t change.

“I know I’ve got a budget and I’m happy to work within that. Other football clubs in this league can spend more, but to me it’s about getting the best out of the resources I have”. 

“I’ve learned that as a football manager”.

With a Nectar card and money back vouchers at his disposal for the first time this season, Cox admits he has some “big decisions” to make and may choose to keep the coupons for a future trip.  “It’s a selection headache – but it’s a nice problem to have” he revealed.  

And turning his attention to the checkout, Cox said he was monitoring the strength of his shopping bags. “We have one or two that are showing signs of wear, so if we need to bring in fresh bags we will change it up a bit”.

After some encouraging recent shops, Cox was keen to play down talk of stocking up for Christmas.  “We’ll continue to take it one week at a time. Some decisions will have to be made as we move forward as a football club, and I’ll talk to the chairman and the owner about that when the time comes”.

“I’m just focused on doing my job as a football manager of a football team at this football club”.

No comments:

Post a Comment