Wednesday 1 December 2021

Poppies Media? I shit 'em!

I don't suppose it's entirely fair for me to take so badly against the Poppies media duo for our football team's increasingly annoying performances on the road.  Hearing them describe the succession of away beatings we are finding ourselves on the wrong end off, to teams around and about us in the League is starting to get all of us down.  

Our inability to compete with teams who are effectively in the same boat as us is a depressing feature of a season that shows no sign of being rescued by Covid (c'mon Omicron!)  The recent performance at York City is excepted, but then again, I was at the LNER stadium for that game so didn't need to tune in to Poppies radio.  I wasn't forced to listen to Paul and Ed painfully describe us being put to the sword while offering nothing in return other than a bit of poorly executed kick and rush in the vague direction of Callum Powell.

Unfortunately I now associate Paul and Ed's voices with wobbly defensive performances and easy goals being shipped.  No matter what they do I'm afraid they now simply annoy me whenever I hear or even think of them.  Again, it's really not their fault, but I'm responding in a purely Pavolvian way to most things nowadays.

".....and that's another goal...."

Paul and Ed may be slightly cheered to know that they only in third place on my disapproval list at the moment.  They are still well behind anyone without a mask in a supermarket who squeezes and closely examines every piece of fresh produce, and the two nattering ladies who accused me of being rude for ringing my bell when I was cycling on a shared footpath / cycle lane that they had conspired to entirely block.  Or, as I now refer to those ignorant harpies, Paula and Edwina.....



No comments:

Post a Comment