Saturday 14 January 2023

Cameron Gregory - desperate to play in the Northern Premier League

Even though I was at the game at Bradford last Saturday I failed to notice latest Poppies reject and latest Boston panic-buy from Latimer Park, Cameron Gregory wearing the previously outlawed grey Away Poppies Goalkeeping shirt.  

I didn't notice partly because he was at the opposite end of the ground from me but mostly because he was hitting the showers with about an hour of the game still to go.  Perhaps it is a jinxed shirt.  Goalie sent off before half-time.  Same goalie never plays for us again. Team concedes 96th minute equaliser.  Seems pretty conclusive.  

This shirt certainly been a bit of a jinx on the road for us this season as I've been wearing the same top up until the Boxing Day game at Peterborough when it was usurped by a Christmas present dinosaur pattern top (don't you dare judge me) from 'er indoors.  My newly-installed favourite ever dinosaur shirt now has 4 points from 2 away games, which I think is a point more than my grey goalie top earned from all of the other away games this season.

Case closed.



Jeez, just how freakishly l-o-n-g is Cameron's arm?
What a freak!  Mind you - it will be ideal to supplement 
his income harvesting Lincolnshire's finest
swedes and cabbages without straining his back
 should he remain at Boston long enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment