Monday 27 June 2011

??????

Life was simpler in the old days (by old days, of course I mean more than 10 days ago). Something happened, my gut feeling told me yes or no. Then along came Wicksteed Park. My heart said no, my head said... is there any option? My gut spoiled the ballot paper. Then the Trust had its EGM and the crucial vote about whether to back the NP plans or go it alone. Head said keep supporting KTFC until it’s not KTFC any more, heart said but it’s only a matter of time. Gut was still declining to comment.

And then just when I thought I’d wrestled with enough dilemmas for one summer, along comes the reappointment of MM.

My head reminds me this was the guy that cocked up our promotion bid despite an abundance of attacking talent, signed the likes of Moses Olaleye, Nathan Koo Boothe and (but for a mix up over forms) Ali Dia, went on to earn a year’s ban for chinning his top scorer at Halesowen and the less said about his time at Chester the better.

My heart says, yes but he also signed JP, Westcarr, Howe and Dempster, put out a Poppies team that won 10-1 and bridged three divisions against Oldham, played some of the best football I’ve seen in three decades at RR and even managed to inject some instant entertainment when taking over Lee Harper’s moribund troops for a brief fling.

Gut feeling? Ok he’s not the first name on anyone’s list and not even his good friend IL, who admitted to having targeted two BSP managers first. But football is above all meant to be entertainment and one way or another that is guaranteed with MM at the wheel (picture at this point one hand fiddling with the sat nav whilst the other inserts a lively CD whilst the vehicle somehow remains on the road – just).

No comments:

Post a Comment