Meeting commenced 7.30PM. All committee members in attendance.
Minutes of previous meeting, dated Thursday 19th December all re-read and agreed.
Points on tonight's agenda: -
(1) Chimdi Akubuine's proposed move to Nuneaton Town - passed with simple show of hands
(2) Deqwon Ebanks return to Tamworth - passed with simple show of hands
(3) Dubi Ogbonna's offer of Poppies contract. The Committee voted unanimously to reject Poppies signing this player on a contract. Letters of complaint to be forwarded to the usual bodies: -
- The Football Association
- The Southern League
- Calor Gas Ltd
- The Non League Paper
- The Northants Telegraph
- All the people who contributed to the Poppies "Just Giving" site
- Father Christmas
AFCR&D Forum Sub-committee, Sub-committee to instigate additional threads, complaining bitterly that the Poppies are allowed to employ footballers to the usual forums, and under the usual pseudonyms: -
- AFC SCUM Forum
- Nationwide Conference Forum
- Southern League Forum
- UCL Forum
- Farm Animal Fondlers Forum
In addition, a vote was taken to add the following complaints about this player agreeing a contract to both the letters and the forums: -
- The Poppies shouldn't be allowed to exist
- The Poppies nicked Nene Park (which we didn't want anyway)
- The Poppies play in red, which they stole from us
- The Poppies play in a division above us, which is patently wrong
- The Poppies haven't really been in existence for 141 years - this is a lie!
- The Poppies never played League Football
- The Poppies are using all the money donated to sign players, rather than pay off our former owner.
- The Diamonds were NOT a rich man's plaything
- The Diamonds were formed before the Poppies
- The Diamonds did not fall because the Lord God Griggs stopped funding them
- The Diamonds did NOT go bust, paying their creditors nothing
- The Diamonds always wanted to play in the UCL. In Wellingborough.
- Touching up relatives and livestock isn't always wrong
- Having one eye, in the middle of your face is not necessarily a sign of in-breeding
Meeting ended at 3.35AM on Saturday morning.
Next meeting later today at 3.30PM. The AFCR&D fixture will need to be postponed so that we can sit around for several hours complaining bitterly about KTFC. A club we've never played.
Item for discussion at next meeting - Poppies signing of Josh Moreman. Meeting expected to last 5-6 hours.