· Leo the England lion enjoyed his many photo opportunities and is now attracting interest from numerous charity shops.
· Joe Hart clearly knows all the words to the national anthem. I haven’t seen such a lung bursting delivery since that Italian tenor at the Walkers.
· Ray Lewington had a lovely boat trip in Paris with Roy. It was Ray’s first visit to the French capital, so understandably this took precedence over a scouting trip to watch our next opponents.
· Harry Kane is clearly getting his eye in. By the end of last night’s game, he was only missing the target by 10 yards.
· In the pressure cooker atmosphere of international football, Roy was able to compose a lengthy resignation statement within minutes of the final whistle.
Now we have to put away our England flags and beanie hats for another 2 (possibly 4, maybe 6 to 10) years and get behind someone else. Many will plump for Wales but I prefer Iceland. Tenacious, fearless, well organised and incisive. Just four of the minor adjustments that it would be nice to see in future England displays.
Roy and Ray's next boat trip