Saturday 26 September 2020

"Getting Shirty" - must be part 30 by now?

 


This follicle-free photograph shows that we have come some distance from the days the club couldn't attract a main sponsor if their lives depended on it.  Personally I'd have liked this guy and Brian Martin to fight it out in the centre circle for the right to put their logo on my chest next season.  Two companies wanted the gig.  A bloody dust-up seems the fairest way to settle matters, but perhaps this is why I don't get to make these sort of decisions.

From all accounts Logistics People are putting forward a sum of money sufficient for BM Pallets to bow out for next season.  That's good for the club.  Good for Logistics People.  Good for all of us baldies.

Not so good for Brian Martin and BM Pallets.  Having been main club sponsors for the past five years Brian has been a great main sponsor - long-time club supporter and owner of a local company.  I really hope that losing the main sponsorship position doesn't mean the end of BM Pallets association with the club.  That would be a real shame.

Surely there can be a place for them on the away kit?  Or on the back of the home shirt?  Or on lots of boards around Latimer Park.  We really hope so as we've grown used to a bit of longevity of personnel on the pitch and behind the scenes.

1 comment:

  1. BM PALLETS I would personally like to thank you for recognising that I did my best for Kettering and unfortunately after this season it comes to a end. Gutted because I really wanted this long term and smash all the records �� oh well it wasn’t to be, I was never offered any other deal at the Poppies if I was I might of listened and would of definitely of done something in line for next season, but I was never asked. I wouldn’t stand in the way in a million of years of the deal put forward to Kettering its great they have money coming in. Is the deal signed up ? How many years ? Good questions to ask
    See you at the ground
    Brian Martin
    Director

    ReplyDelete