Monday 3 May 2010

Gallant County Heroes Fall At Last Fence.....

....is how the ET will now doubt title their 28-page, "Diamonds almost make it" special pull-out in tomorrow's edition.

The rest of us will be letting off the party poppers, and celebrating the fact that Justin Edinburgh's gallant (and underpaid) team of freak-huggers have f*cked up! Thank God. Could you imagine that collection of monsters and "Deliverance" clones shuffling down Wembley Way? I mean, the Play-off Final would be on the telly! Is this really how we want the outside world to view the people of Northamptonshire? Sure, such a sight would just about be acceptable if this was a post Armageddon nuclear wasteland populated by mutants and spas-monkeys, but that apocalyptic horror has yet to befall us (unless the world ends today, and boy, would that be embarrassing for me after writing this!)

If nothing else, their remaining down here with us dead men gives me yet another opportunity to see my team beat them in a League game for the first time ever. Won't hold my breathe though, given our record.

Putting aside for one moment all the obvious rivalry stuff, there was a down side to Diamonds failing to get through to the Play-Off Final. I laughed so hard I slipped off my settee and banged my bum on the floor. But don't worry - it didn't hurt so much that I stopped laughing!





Ah Bless. Never mind DeBanker. Let us turn that frown upside-down!

No comments:

Post a Comment