Saturday 17 December 2011

They say you never see a poor bookie.....

....and no wonder!  Even when they seem to drop a bit of a bollock with their odds, they still come out smelling of, well, my money!  I hate to think how many of us took a bit of a bigger than normal flutter on a Poppies win against Bath.  But, given the very generous 11/2 odds being offered for a home win I fear a few of us may be looking at a slightly thinner Christmas than anticipated. 

Yes, I know home wins have been as thin or the ground this season as kept promises from Imraan, but still.....surely a practically full strength Poppies could beat lowly Bath, who haven't won away from home all season?

Perhaps we could have won had we decided to start playing before 4.30, because before then I'm not sure their 'keeper even saw the ball, let alone had to save it!

Such was our non-performance for the first 80 minutes I would seriously consider suing the players for loss of earnings - were it not for the fact that they are likely to be doing the same thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment