Thursday 5 January 2012

Poppynet goes Pop!

Graham Jones has spotted a painful flaw in online forums in general, and our own Poppynet in particular!  Please remember, if any of the posters have an issue with how they are portayed below, this wasn't written by the PATGOD staff! Doesn't mean we don't agree though!



"Have you noticed lately that no matter what the subject is on Poppynet the subject always finishes up with people having the same argument? Here is one thread that got banned.


Gaj: Haven’t we had a lot of wind and rain lately in Kettering.

The Gob: There’s been more at Nene Park though.

CC: I don’t know that Pink Floyd song Simon. Have you heard something about them having a new CD out?

The Gob: I tried telling people at Wicksteed Park that they have more rain at NP but everyone just put on their anoraks and just went there singing in the rain

CC; actually NP has the third highest rainfall of any ground in the Conference. Points for anyone who knows the top 2.

Penfold: I bet Radio Northampton won’t do a weather forecast for Kettering though.

JC: The trust knew NP has more rain but would anyone listen?

Horace: As long as it doesn’t get into my pint of Fugglemuckers Finger Ale I don’t care.

The Gob: That’s if IL has got any beer on. Didn’t he promise we would have free beer at NP?

Gretton Poppy: Is it Ebbsfleet?

CC: no

Timaloy: It rains a lot at Ibrox.

Elvis: I hadn’t used to think it was IL’s fault about all the rain lately but now I’m not so sure.

Pedro: At last people can see that it always rains more when the Tories are in power.

Sadman: I have checked and in fact it does rain at Rockingham Road as well

The Gob: I tried telling people at Wicksteed Park that they have more rain at NP but everyone just put on their anoraks and just went there singing in the rain.

Sev: We have thought about having a meeting about the rain but it is not possible due to our constitution.

Wotever: Believe me, it will pour down non-stop for the next 5 days.

Scully: When I was at the club my youth players had to get used to playing in rain, so we practised in the showers with the water full on.

Paulk: No wonder the electric bill was so high. I think IL knew all along that it rains a lot at NP as I used to tell him all the time but he wouldn’t listen. Solkhon plays well in the rain.

HOTK: …. ….. ….. …… …..!

The Gob: I tried telling people at Wicksteed Park that they have more rain at NP but everyone just put on their anoraks and just went there singing in the rain.

Everybody: Shut up!

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant - made my night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely brilliant - made my night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha brilliant, spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poppynet is like two Jack Russell's having a fight in a darkened room!

    ReplyDelete