- We have a Hillier Senior Cup Game tonight, which is already a fairly good definition of "pointless" in itself.
- This game is against, what? A tiny club from the Peterborough area no one has heard of.
- In front of what will be, if lucky, a double figure crowd.
- What team we may be able to dredge-up will be from amongst those local kids and trainees we can coax out or con on a Tuesday night.
- Who knows, we may just have 11 shirts to put on the team.
- If possible I'm sure the club will open one half of one stand to the public.
- If we win, the chances are we will end up in the next round on the wrong end of a heavy thrashing by the likes of Brackley, Desborough, or God help us, Corby.
- The team are to be "managed" by a sacked former Chairman and a resigned former Director.
- Plus there's Champions League football on the television, as well as the Great British Bake-Off (for the missus!)
All in all, a pretty heady mixture to guarantee our most pointless game ever, unless anyone out there can think of a better example?